Early Supporter 6

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Queadah » Fri May 06, 2016 1:02 pm

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Fri May 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Can't wait to rekt Broscar and wantfastcars in GRIP mulitplayer! Hopefully Broscar still doesn't have PTSD from the extreme challenge he tried to do.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Fri May 06, 2016 2:38 pm

So the next patch will include physics updates, the Norvos track, and new explosions, and in the coming patches after will have multiplayer and two new vehicles? Awesome. Keep up the kick-ass work, guys.

yellowquiet wrote:Can't wait to rekt Broscar and wantfastcars in GRIP mulitplayer! Hopefully Broscar still doesn't have PTSD from the extreme challenge he tried to do.

Oi oi oi, them's fightin' words!

Spoiler: show
you'll probably beat me though since I'm hella out of practice, I've been playing too much Nep-nep and Overwatch recently
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Mart-E

Postby Mart-E » Fri May 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Alright, since you guys are no doubt thirsty for some news on what's going on development-wise:

• Multiplayer is coming. Adam, our secondary coder, is working hard on implementing net code and interactions between machines. Dave is working away on multiplayer design to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not going to give you an estimate on how long it will take before multiplayer is ready, unfortunately.
  • Rob is deep in physics source code, as I mentioned in another thread. He'll be in there for a while, so don't expect a new Steam update until at least mid May. Good news is, this is all progress towards better and more predictable driving. There are already considerably less issues with the car catching/clipping on things or bouncing and intersecting with geometry
  • The Norvos track is coming, we're just creating a few important art assets for it before we want to show it to the private group, as it's not very pretty in spots. It will be in the next patch
  • I'm working on a new track on Jahtra that will look quite different than the others. Going for a bit an Outworld (rollcage) vibe. I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.
  • Thomas has started work on another vehicle model, this time a different manufacturer. It will be Speedster class, aka the quickest and most agile class. There is another vehicle in progress being modeled by Simen, which is the same manufacturer, and it's the middle class between speedster and tank
  • I've redone some of the explosion effects to make them punchier. Hopefully you guys like em

Lots coming! The fact that we're not all that active on the forums right now just means we're working :geek:

Amazing as always chris! Carry on!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri May 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Similii wrote:Could it be possible to have some pictures from the Norvos map? You know, just a few for letting us imagine how is the track ;)

Here's a snap:

As you can see, still a lot of work to do yet, but it's looking nice
Game Director
GRIP

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Fri May 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Chris_CE wrote:
Similii wrote:Could it be possible to have some pictures from the Norvos map? You know, just a few for letting us imagine how is the track ;)

Here's a snap:

*o* Thanks!!
Looks awesome atm Chris!!!! Can't wait to play this! (And new wallpaper hehe)
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri May 06, 2016 9:29 pm

ImageMy faith strenghtened 8-)

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Sat May 07, 2016 3:38 am

Chris_CE wrote:

Here's a snap:

What a 8-) sight.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 am

Chris_CE wrote:I'm working on a new track on Jahtra that will look quite different than the others. Going for a bit an Outworld (rollcage) vibe.

That sounds very promising. The Track Renegade has a nice trackdesign. The shortcuts were very nice placed (more of this!).

So will it be a fast, twisted track with broad tunnel sections and some relativly big city / industry elements?

Chris_CE wrote:I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.

Please take your time and do it right. Here lies lots of potential. Please give us the full dystopian scifi shot.

---
And of course the norvos pic looks beautiful.

JYUNI

Postby JYUNI » Sat May 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Thank you Chris for the backgrounds and all the Norvos previews given us on this Forum, Steam and Youtube and I am really curious about how your Outworld track will look like.

Chris_CE wrote:Thomas has started work on another vehicle model, this time a different manufacturer.

Chris_CE wrote:But yes, we will no doubt have different shields for different car manufacturers.

So that means you or Thomas are working on a new shield right now?

The execution of the Trello suggestion from ZPS.Auxsiren in the Steam discussions won't happen in the near future, right? ;)

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Sat May 07, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm very happy for the news devs! Keep up the good work, we are waiting eagerly :)

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Sun May 08, 2016 9:31 am

Chris_CE wrote:As you can see, still a lot of work to do yet, but it's looking nice

Looking nice? It's far more than that! :shock:
Can't wait to visit this.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun May 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Django wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.

Please take your time and do it right. Here lies lots of potential. Please give us the full dystopian scifi shot.

This. Django speaks the truth.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Mon May 09, 2016 9:01 am

Chris_CE wrote:Alright, since you guys are no doubt thirsty for some news on what's going on development-wise:

• Multiplayer is coming. Adam, our secondary coder, is working hard on implementing net code and interactions between machines. Dave is working away on multiplayer design to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not going to give you an estimate on how long it will take before multiplayer is ready, unfortunately.
  • Rob is deep in physics source code, as I mentioned in another thread. He'll be in there for a while, so don't expect a new Steam update until at least mid May. Good news is, this is all progress towards better and more predictable driving. There are already considerably less issues with the car catching/clipping on things or bouncing and intersecting with geometry
  • The Norvos track is coming, we're just creating a few important art assets for it before we want to show it to the private group, as it's not very pretty in spots. It will be in the next patch
  • I'm working on a new track on Jahtra that will look quite different than the others. Going for a bit an Outworld (rollcage) vibe. I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.
  • Thomas has started work on another vehicle model, this time a different manufacturer. It will be Speedster class, aka the quickest and most agile class. There is another vehicle in progress being modeled by Simen, which is the same manufacturer, and it's the middle class between speedster and tank. EDIT: But Simen is working on many environmental assets, so don't expect this car all that soon
  • I've redone some of the explosion effects to make them punchier. Hopefully you guys like em

Lots coming! The fact that we're not all that active on the forums right now just means we're working :geek:

Here's a snap:

I'll just leave this here:

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Holy sh*t that is great news Chris :DDD I'm glad you guys are still trucking away <3
You're just a voice pal.

Gaunt
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Gaunt » Fri May 13, 2016 5:49 am

This is quality stuff. Looking forward to it.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 am

Some news about vehicle customization from Chris :
Chris_CE wrote:First step towards vehicle customization, separating tires from the car mesh and rims from the tire. Now the cars will be able to use any wheel mesh or rim mesh available (limited to manufacturer). Don't expect this customization anytime soon, but it's now set up for the future

Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Tue May 17, 2016 11:33 am

WooHoo, here comes the GRIP Underground : D

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 17, 2016 1:10 pm

\m/ Jesus H. Christ <3

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Queadah wrote:\m/ Jesus H. Christ <3

Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Return to “Announcements”