GRIP Update 1.0.8 is now live!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Update 1.0.8 is now live!

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:22 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRIP Early Access Release v.1.0.8 is now live!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another big patch that has plenty of improvements and additions!

The biggest changes include a new car, large improvements to the vehicle driving model, reverse and mirror mode for the tracks, overall better ingame audio, as well as gamepad navigation working properly in the menus.

Here is the full changelist for patch 1.0.8:

Gameplay:
  • New car! The tank class vehicle is now available to drive.It is a bit slower off the line, but has a higher top speed and less twitchy handling compared to the first vehicle
  • Improved drivability: The vehicles now behave more predictably when colliding with walls or other cars, and are more enjoyable to drive in general (car physics and handling are WIP)
  • New Game Modes! In the race setup options, you are now able to enable reverse and/or mirror mode.The existing tracks feel and look very different with these enabled, so give it a try!
  • Destructible vehicles: In the race setup menu, you can now enable vehicles to be destroyed, making the race not only about winning, but also about staying alive
  • AI are now more aggressive in passing opponents (car vs car collisions are still WIP)
  • Better missile navigation (WIP)
  • Fixed a bunch of issues with split screen functionality
Levels:
  • Transport: Improved overall visual quality, changed layout for some sections, added race barriers and blocking volumes (this level is still a WIP)
  • Industrial: Added reverse mode specific assets, improved flow and barriers
  • Alhatra Wastes: Added reverse mode specific assets, improved flow and barriers (still a WIP)

Visual:
  • Gamepad navigation now works properly in the menus
  • HUD now has glitching out effects that occur when the player is hit by missiles or is highly damaged
  • Menu is now easier to navigate (note: this is a temporary UI, and will be overhauled in the coming months)
  • New forcefield barrier in the levels
  • New loading screen with tips
  • Resolution options in menu are now changed via button press
  • Various improvements and optimizations
Audio:
  • Two new ingame music tracks!"Crash City" by Xtigma, and "Boost Empire" by Mart-E
  • New sounds for vehicle engines as well as some pick-ups
  • Reverb can now be heard in enclosed spaces
  • Overall better sound attenuation, mastering and mixing

If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
forum.cagedelement.com

To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!

ImageImageImageImage

Copyright © 2016 Caged Element, All rights reserved.
Game Director
GRIP

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.8 is now live!

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 pm

+1 :^)
I love changes you've made to the camera after the race :D Small thing, but In my opinion it's better than smoothed out view from our car.
And the changes made to Transport visuals are amazing! Are you guys going for modern look of the track, filled with buildings, tunnels and stuff like that without much foliage, or mixed, with those giant buildings surrounded by a forest?

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm

I second that transport looks great now. Now we need some plants its a jungel planet after all.

Oh and the tire screeching is pretty nice too.

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:30 am

I squee'd like a giddy high-school girl once Steam started updating GRIP and dove in immediately.

From a couple races, here are my immediate first impressions of which I'll most certainly elaborate on upon further play:

- The addition of mirror races and destructable vehicles are great, especially as togglable "yes/no" options. It's nice to get familiarized with in case a fully fleshed out "Deathmatch Race" ever comes into fruition.
- The new barrier looks and sounds real nice. I feel like I'm actually HITTING something. That goes for hitting obstacles within the track, too.
- The UI distortion upon a missile approaching, getting hit and being one hit away from death is a cool touch, as well. Although, it certainly feels very rough around the edges animation-wise, which is easily overlooked considering it's a beta feature.
- MY BELOVED TANK IS FINALLY HERE. I just likely have to spend time getting used to it after playing with Speedsters for so long. xD
- The new SFX are cool, and I can notice the improvements in overall mixing. The new "missile approaching" warning sound is certainly more original than flat-out beeping.
- I admit I haven't played that frequently these days, but the handling feels very friendly to me. Is it too easy? I'm not sure.

Sevuz

Postby Sevuz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 am

Love it.

* Controls are much better now (I will say almost perfect)
* Sound is much better as well.
* The new track options is a lot of fun ^^
* new tank class is good for newcomers

I can' wait to see next content update :mrgreen:

You are doing awesome guys, keep it up 8-)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:56 am

:)
Game Director
GRIP

Mart-E

Postby Mart-E » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:52 pm

In the last update "Transport" was terrible, but now it is my favourite track. I love the modern bridge of the first tunnel *.*
And i like the destructible cars, it is so exciting.
I dont like the front lights of the tank car, well i like... but there are a lot of them. Anyway, the whole car looks so heavy and undestructible!

But i have one question, will you add the heal points that we have during a destructible race? i need to know how much HP i have, and this new parametrer is good for adding a new weapon like an heal restore!

psppwner300

Postby psppwner300 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Mart-E wrote:this new parametrer is good for adding a new weapon like an heal restore!

Yeah. We could steal from WipEout and have the ability to "absorb" items for HP.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:51 am

psppwner300 wrote:
Mart-E wrote:this new parametrer is good for adding a new weapon like an heal restore!

Yeah. We could steal from WipEout and have the ability to "absorb" items for HP.

Please. No. We were talking about it already...
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Mart-E

Postby Mart-E » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:02 pm

WROB3L wrote:
psppwner300 wrote:

Please. No. We were talking about it already...

So, if your race will take 10 min (8 laps on yuri) and you die in the first 4 minuts, will you be happy waiting 6 minuts more?
Give the chance to resist more missiles with an extra hp

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:19 pm

ymmm you know that you can skip the leaderboard?
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

IOU4something

Postby IOU4something » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:31 pm

God the game feels so much better to play now!

my only real complaint with the update is when your playing with destructible vehicles you have no way of seeing or restoring damage to your vehicle. would be nice to know that I'm at, say, 27/100 health.

Everything else is marvelous especially the handling improvements.
Get a Grip

Mart-E

Postby Mart-E » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:40 am

WROB3L wrote:ymmm you know that you can skip the leaderboard?

But you couldn't skip the leaderboard in an online game, so... you will be watching a race since you were dead.

psppwner300

Postby psppwner300 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:50 am

If that idea don't work there could be an option to resurrect your vehicle; just have to suffer a time penalty or some sort.

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Giovanni » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:56 am

I would just have the option to have the vehicle re-spawn like usual in the same style as you have the vehicles reset back on the track.

Which speaking of which, you might as well call the mode "Death race" which would simply be the mode where there's no re-spawning after a vehicle would be destroyed from another player/computer.

This though on the other hand brings me another idea for the mode that wouldn't be "Death race" as while vehicles could still be destroyed, they would still re-spawn back as usual, which I think a re-spawning animation would look pretty neat. (Also including the HUD if possible)

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Back from a little week of holidays, the game is currently updating, and i'm eager to try all that!

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:01 pm

I didn't have much time to try everything, but i have one question: did the resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080 disappear, or is it a bug on my computer?
Time to go back and try a bit of reversed tracks!
As the others, i really love the Tank car, and the way the Transport race looks now. ;)

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:38 am

If someone's posting trash, report it. If you want to get into an argument with someone, use the PM system.

Comments on the changelist are very welcome, though I advise everyone to find/make a dedicated thread for discussion on the subject of things like online matchmaking and vehicle health replenishment instead of posting it in here.

My condolences if I had to delete any posts which contained more than just fuel for the fire; I figured it'd be cleaner for me to allow you guys to re-post the good parts yourselves rather than forcefully editing numerous posts.

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:48 pm

After playing all maps over again i can say that the driving has improved. The Tank is amazing as well. My missles do not hit the floor upon activation anymore and the new sounds are a lo better. I cannot wait to see what y'all have next in store!

wikchi

Postby wikchi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:43 pm

just bought this looks amazing is there a eta for online?

Return to “Announcements”