GRIP Early Access Release v.1.0.8 is now live!
Another big patch that has plenty of improvements and additions!
The biggest changes include a new car, large improvements to the vehicle driving model, reverse and mirror mode for the tracks, overall better ingame audio, as well as gamepad navigation working properly in the menus.
Here is the full changelist for patch 1.0.8:
- New car! The tank class vehicle is now available to drive.It is a bit slower off the line, but has a higher top speed and less twitchy handling compared to the first vehicle
- Improved drivability: The vehicles now behave more predictably when colliding with walls or other cars, and are more enjoyable to drive in general (car physics and handling are WIP)
- New Game Modes! In the race setup options, you are now able to enable reverse and/or mirror mode.The existing tracks feel and look very different with these enabled, so give it a try!
- Destructible vehicles: In the race setup menu, you can now enable vehicles to be destroyed, making the race not only about winning, but also about staying alive
- AI are now more aggressive in passing opponents (car vs car collisions are still WIP)
- Better missile navigation (WIP)
- Fixed a bunch of issues with split screen functionality
- Transport: Improved overall visual quality, changed layout for some sections, added race barriers and blocking volumes (this level is still a WIP)
- Industrial: Added reverse mode specific assets, improved flow and barriers
- Alhatra Wastes: Added reverse mode specific assets, improved flow and barriers (still a WIP)
- Gamepad navigation now works properly in the menus
- HUD now has glitching out effects that occur when the player is hit by missiles or is highly damaged
- Menu is now easier to navigate (note: this is a temporary UI, and will be overhauled in the coming months)
- New forcefield barrier in the levels
- New loading screen with tips
- Resolution options in menu are now changed via button press
- Various improvements and optimizations
- Two new ingame music tracks!"Crash City" by Xtigma, and "Boost Empire" by Mart-E
- New sounds for vehicle engines as well as some pick-ups
- Reverb can now be heard in enclosed spaces
- Overall better sound attenuation, mastering and mixing
If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!
Copyright © 2016 Caged Element, All rights reserved.