[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
GRIP Update v.1.1.5 is now on Steam! - GRIP Video Game Forum

GRIP Update v.1.1.5 is now on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Update v.1.1.5 is now on Steam!

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Game Director

Cornkid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GRIP Update v.1.1.5 is now on Steam!

Postby Cornkid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:59 pm

So after a play for an hour or so, only on yuri industrial and alhatra...

Yuri got bouncier, I have found this the most frustrating track in game, I dont mind narrow, but physics are bugged, its way to bouncy, in fact even more than last haloween update.

Alhatra, love it, havent managed to do loop di loop yet, but goddamn them there new assets look divine, credit due ;) no bouncing issues

Many thanks for the update, a bit curious about "respectfully dont pass judgement on MP yet" when its not available.

Will report back later on other tracks, just need to cook Dinner now, "a mans work is never done"

As an afterthought, I love that CE release updates often, I dont mind if there's bugs at all, It shows you are still alive, I have other early access games that frustrate me immensely by lack of community interaction, and updates.

Cheers guys , keep up the "we give a toss" attitude ;) it shines thru

edit- as an afterthought I play on wild power which always seemed to cause issues in the past.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:52 pm

the loop on alhatra is what the game was lacking <3
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Volken
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Volken » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Agree, love the design and visual changes. Only downside is the bounciness, damn engine updates..

Cornkid

Postby Cornkid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Alhatra loop-di-loop is really cool! And the new ramp on Yuri in the end! Such awesome! These are the kind of things that GRIPs tracks need and make the game shine! The rock that was middle of the track in Alhatra very near the loop-di-loop has been removed and this makes that part very easy (I would put a small rock in the middle, maybe not as big as it used to be). I like the flags on alhatra, looks great and brings the game more alive!

Now, I didn't know some people have found the transport part after first tunnel frustrating? How can that be? That curve was f***king easy! You could almost go full speed with dreadnaught, just let a little bit go of gas and it would make it nicely. Not to say that I don't like the new way, it is cool also, always nice to get some proper air! The bridge after that, I don't get the new rails? They make the bridge feel more narrow IMO and made me thought about when children go to bowling you put out those rails so that ball is not able to go into the gutter at all. And that is not a good thing to think about. I say get rid of those! Other changes on transport, well, hmm, they are not bad, but the track seems easier to me right now, which, again IMO, is not a good thing. I like those new little narrow ramps though. Why two of the three speedpads were removed from the end of the track (after jump)? And in other spots too, I like that you can drive through multiple speedpads and have to choose your racing line based on that (or not) and be able to place mine there to deny the pads from others (skillful player usually still can use 1 or 2 out of those 3 even there is a mine), and I don't like the use of speedpads so that they cover almost the whole track, as in the mid-part of first tunnel of transport.

Was there grass/leaves flying in transport previously? That was awesome I saw that first time now :O Also the lights in the tunnels look really cool with the spark effects! Wow! (not sure if this has been added now or is it just my new GPU and settings turned to the max:) )

When I played Yuri the jukebox started playing Breakbeat Generation and I chose the far chase cam (I usually use the close chase), and I had a really awesome race which ended in blowing up AI just before finish line to finish 1st and I got the exact feeling that I had when I watched RC2's intro (which I did every time I started the game), goddamn amazing. Made a large smile on my face. So even though I personally still would make the tracks harder I admit that the flow is better now in Yuri and Alhatra (which I think somehow causes the game to remind a little bit more of RC), which in turn results in great feeling.

iamthatiam

Postby iamthatiam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Am I the only one whose hoping this game turns out to be a offspring of Pod Racer and TrackMania?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Game Director

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Last edited by Queadah on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kerake

Postby Kerake » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm

After playing some races in each track, these are my opinions:

- Alhatra Wastes: The new visuals and ambient sounds are really cool. I like the changes on this track, except for the removal of the rock that was next to the new loop (and I mean the one that divided the path, not the one that was like a really little tunnel). Maybe doing that rock a bit more little than before, but with the removal now it feels too easy. And I'm probably will be in the minority here but, even though I like the new loop and visually it's really cool, I liked more the feeling of the track being more "natural" (I'm not sure how to express that, but it was like a part of the map was chosen to use as a circuit instead of building a circuit on it, or something like that). If the loop looked like a broken arc of a building, then it would be perfect in my opinion.

- Yuri Industrial: The new "flags" are really cool and brings even more life to the best looking circuit (for me). The path on the left at the exit of the first tunnel is still useless in my opinion, I can't see me using it. The "rail" at the exit of the second tunnel feels unnatural, even though it makes the flow a bit better if you exit the tunnel from the top. The changes on the right path at the end of the track are great, I've started to use that path more frequently. Unlike the loop on Alhatra, that ramp doesn't feel out of place since it is just a "little ramp" placed there to make that exit better.
For the reverse version, now that the path on the left is clear, I can't see a reason to use the right path (before this change, I never used the left path because it was too difficult, now it's the contrary, I can't see me using the right when the left one is that easy to take and I think is shorter).

- Transport: I'll be honest, I don't like the changes on the flow. Transport was the hardest one for me because I had to remember where the obstacles were and it was fun, but now it feels too empty and easy to drive. To be honest, after just one race I didn't feel like I wanted to race anymore on that track, it felt pointless. On the other hand, the new details like the leafs and those things looks cool. Oh, and there is an opening on the right just before the bridge that makes you go to the lake and it's a dead end, it should be close.

- Fic Outpost: I like all the changes that were made to this circuit. The new little houses are really nice and the flow feels much better in some critical places (specially the top right path after the exit of the cave). I think that there is a new jump in that path (I usually don't take that path, so I can't remember if it was there), but I think it's a bit misaligned with the arc where you are suppose to go after landing, I always end crashing against it instead of passing through it. Maybe it's just me, I'm not sure. Overall, this track has been the most favoured with the changes in my opinion.

So, in general I like the changes, specially the visual/audio ones, and the flow feels better in most of the places, good work guys ;)

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:12 am

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 am

Nice changes and there is now many area where you can noclip out level i just search what happened transport old tunnel exit on old route
screens shots here if interesting look http://imgur.com/a/Vfm7r
now that old part on area is impossible access (but im sudden silent that not is not hard to me.

alhatra wastes is now too possible smugle car out on the track and possible drive outside track landscape (but very hard access but possible).

fic out post have too same style smugle but very hard do

but thanks for good update.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Muskylounger » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:34 pm

The new patch is excellent. All the tracks are now super polished, the gameplay is great and SMOOTH (I can get good frames in 4K!)

Its really feeling liking a AAA game now, couple more tracks and cars, a career mode structure for single player and the backend for multiplayer and it will be ready for full release!

So basically my only feedback would be how is Capture The Flag mode coming along? It would be awesome to see that up and running

Cheers

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 am

I like what you did with Transport. It has a good flow now.

The sections you scrapped werent all bad. So if you want you could produce a version of this track (=a new track) that is all hardcore with some of the old parts.

I know you have some good stuff in the pipeline but how is it going with orbital prime? Maybe a little screeny of sth. you work on ... :)

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:15 am

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:56 am

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:00 am

Yeah, let's call it "easy" and move on.
Other maps are planned anyway so my initial worries are void really. Let's call it a gift for new players ;)

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:24 am

Return to “Announcements”